Dog Sitter for Hire


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



A friend who moved from Canberra to Sydney a year or two back rang yesterday to ask if we would be interested in looking after their dog (and house in Bilgola) while they were over in the West at the end of October.
It's not ideal for Bob's training, getting to the business end of preparation for the Long Course Tri Championships being held in Canberra on 19 November. After consideration today, I will go up and house sit and dog walk for the duration of their time away. Hopefully it will be warm enough to swim a little on the glorious northern beaches, and I will hire a car so that I can visit my friends and sister who all live on that side of town.
I must admit that I am finding it quite lonesome in the house here when Bob is out since Lucy died. I think I hear her rattling her food container during the night; or walking up the stairs; or reflected in the windows. I find myself going to check on her in front of the fire, and stop myself talking to her when my mouth is already open. I wouldn't even call myself a cat person; but after so long, close to half of my life, and she has been through the good times and the not so good.
Looking after 'Polly' for a couple of weeks sounds good. Huxley, if you ever need a hand, I'm here!
The Bush Capital 25k was good; I will post separately about it. I did sleep for 18 hours a day after that however; yesterday for example I woke after midday, was back in bed and asleep for a couple of hours before talking to Aki in the afternoon and another early night. Excitement City!


2 Responses to “Dog Sitter for Hire”

  1. Blogger strewth 

    I so understand about Lucy. We lost our dog in Nov after 15 years and I still expect to see him waiting for me when I return from work or keeping me company when Mr B is away. I often forget even now and look for him through the gap in the curtain where he always sat watching me as I tapped away on the computer. Lucy will be happy in "cat" heaven!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Very nice site! »

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts