So far, So good.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I'm currently going through the clothes from my wardrobe and culling out the "I'll fit in these soon" favourites from their valuable hanger space to a high shelf. I am not tossing out my DKNY Size 2 Jeans (No Aki, I didn't get you to try on these, those were size 8), for my weight is notoriously unstable swinging from a dangerously low 42kgs to my current elephantine 77kgs seemingly at will. I would like it to stabilise (like it so often does) in the low-mid 50's again.

Going to the wardrobe full of fat clothes, middling clothes and skinny clothes, and still having nothing that fits me is unnecessarily depressing. So, I will keep some clothes (bottoms!) hanging that might fit me again in the not-too-distant-future, but banish from view my favourites (and best quality) stuff. It will be nice to look forward to fitting into them again.

My fitness programme at the gym this morning was really positive, despite the confirmation of my 'Overfat' status. I was surprisingly strong, both in my upper body and in my legs, so I will look to hold on to that. My mysteriously vacillating blood pressure (hypotension one month, medication for hypertension the next) was on the hypertensive side, and three readings managed to score one which snuck under the borderline for being banned from activity without a medical clearance.

My programme was drawn up by a kindred spirit, still sore from the city to surf on the weekend, she seemed to understand my goals and the need to take it easy sometimes, and easy fatigability.


2 Responses to “So far, So good.”

  1. Blogger TD 

    Carolyne

    Thank you very much for your commments on my blog. As always, I very much appreciate them. I must meet you somewhere around the running traps. I think I have met just about every other Canberra blogger.

    I had a great weekend with PRB in Sydney. As I said on Aki's blog, he drove us down on Saturday and then home again last night. The guy is just so incredibly generous and it is something special to know him.

    When he told me the story of how he got the knickname of PRB and your involvement in that, I almost shed a little tear. It was a beautiful story. Hopefully, we will all get a chance to see him later in the week when he comes out of the ICU.

  2. Blogger Friar 

    Our wishes are with PRB for a good recovery afterwards.

    We said hello in Sydney just before the C2S start.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts