Time to Come Clean . . .


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I'm Fat.

Not just overweight, not just unfit, but great, big and FAT!

Why this has happened is 'just the usual' I suppose, too much food, and not enough exercise. OK, so the not enough exercise is largely due to (an unrelated) health condition, but I'm at my wits end.

So what am I going to do about it?

There was a gym membership promotion this weekend at Club Lime / Club Pink, down at the CISAC pool at Belconnen. I took not of the ad in the newspaper on Friday, but didn't think too much of it.

Friday - a depressing nightmare. I won't go into the gory details, but worked very hard during the 5k run on the Customs course, my heart rate averaging over 154 bpm, and finding breathing tough, even though I enjoyed chatting and running with NC as we both left early. He cruised, I gave it everything, and managed a measly 28:11.

I had to hot foot it home to shower, and then slept until early evening.

Saturday I awoke with a shocking sinus headache, meaning more time in bed, best when asleep, to ease the pain that was crushing my face in it's vice. The fire went out overnight and wasn't re-lit all day, I wasn't well.

Sunday - after another straight 12 hours sleep, I managed to almost wake up in time to catch the start of the City to Surf. Best of all, my head was clear and I wasn't feeling too shabby. Household chores took up the morning, while I was keeping a close eye on the Cool Running website to see what news there might be on the City to Surf, the Yeppoon Half IM, and the Gold Coast 24 & 48 hour track races. While I was there, I gave my two cents worth to newer runners seeking advice on a very quiet board.

I did feel like a hypocrite without being able to explain!
Without word on how Aki or Bob went, I diverted the phone and headed out, destination unknown, just to get out of the house during this nice weather. I ended up at Woden Plaza, and was uncharacteristically bewitched by the displays of new season (summer) dresses. With my rapidly ballooning body, I can only fit into one pair of black trousers and some running gear. I'm really sick of it, and the waistbands are getting tighter, not looser.
I tried on a few things, however this just made me very, very, very depressed. Spoke to Bob briefly, and he seemed quite happy with his race. Wandered a bit, with one pair of slacks being possible, but that was that.
Headed over to Belconnen to check out Club Pink. Hey, I have wardrobes full of clothes I love, and I don't want to buy fat clothes. Dressing Room mirrors are very unsympathetic as well.
It was pretty busy, and I had it in mind that Run2Eat did spin sessions there. Nothing of a Girly Girl, I must admit I got good vibes, and was getting desperate. Comparing lots of apples and oranges I did bite the bullet and join. I look forward to some gentle swimming, and getting some more advice on weight training.
So - I have avoided stepping on the scales as I am getting fatter and fatter, but I am booked in for a fitness assessment tomorrow morning at 9:15am. No turning back now.
I do know that this will seem very hypocritical (No. 2) to Aki, who I dissuaded from joining a local gym only a week or two ago. I hope that she understands.
So, lets hope that this helps me to jump-start something.
Fingers crossed xxxxx


2 Responses to “Time to Come Clean . . .”

  1. Blogger Aki 

    Lol, of course I don't! :)

    Still, taking turns sliding with Madeline sounds like a better way to lose weight than watching her and taking photos. ;)

  2. Blogger Cirque 

    Be kinder to yourself! You've had an awful lot to contend with. I hope you enjoy the gym.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts