News on Peter, my PRB


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Peter is in Ward 9A (9th floor, western wing), and currently in room 11.

Bob and I visited him this afternoon. Phone calls to patients on the ward are only permissible after 10:30am, and visiting hours are 11am to 8pm. The phone number for Patient enquiries is (02) 6244 2613. In contravention of his 'See Food' diet, he is still Nil by Mouth at the moment, so no grapes or chocolates - yet!

Peter was very tired and, by his own admission, was having a really bad day. We didn't stay for too long, although denying being in too much pain, he was grimacing and obviously in great discomfort before we left. He is not up to much at the moment, but was as considerate and lucid as ever.

Hopefully he shall start to improve. Any 8 hour operation is both serious and very draining. The medicos are very happy with success of the operation, however it will no doubt be a long convalescence and period of recovery. I'm sure that you'll join me in doing what we can to support him.


6 Responses to “News on Peter, my PRB”

  1. Blogger TD 

    Thanks so much for this news on PRB, Carolyne. It is a relief to know the operation went well, although he is going to need lots of tlc for a while.

  2. Blogger speedygeoff 

    Thanks for that, yours is the first report I have heard. He's in for a long slow recovery and so I don't expect a day by day report, but one every now and then will be greatly appreciated.
    Please let him know though that "speedygeoff" wishes him a "speedy recovery"!

  3. Blogger Aki 

    :(

    I will be able him on Friday after school if you are able too.

  4. Blogger strewth 

    Thank you for keeping us posted FD. He is such a special person and we will all be sending lots of special thoughts his way.
    Also, I read that you have joined the special deal at CISAC. Coincidentally on my way back from Sydney on Monday I did the same and am now a proud member of the three clubs. I start on 5 Sept - perhaps we'll bump into each other. How exciting!!

  5. Blogger CJ 

    Thanks for the update - give him my best wishes when next you see or speak to him.

  6. Blogger Ewen 

    He looked a lot better yesterday Carolyne - thanks for letting me tag along.

    Hope you're OK.

    How did Bob go in the duathlon?

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts