A Good Monday


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The plan was to do my 1st 'Stretch & Tone' class at Club Pink at 9:30 am this morning. I had seen it underway when I was having my fatness (sic) assessment, and I certainly could do with more stretching!

I didn't have too bad a night, but once again upon waking at 3:30 am, I was not going get back to sleep until the sun was riz (the birdie’s were already busy chirping outside my window).

So I was a little slow in getting going, needing to fire off an email to Bob about the saga of the SLR Digital Camera we had replaced by insurance last year through their agent in Melbourne, which had failed download. Emails, phone calls and returning the SLR body as requested had failed to fix the problem.

I did manage to get to the class on time, and thorny enjoyed it. I am writing this as I am having a drink afraid in 'Cafe Pink', before doing some proper exercise on the Rowing machine and the weights. As part of my 'make the Gym a lifestyle' mindset, I plan to eke things out and pace myself.

With a compact edition of MS Word on my PDA, I plan to update my Blog more frequently and keep myself honest!

(Later . . . . )

I had a lovely time in the gym during my security shift: according to my programme, the six minutes @ the designated work level was far too short. I was surprisingly able to do each of the sets at 'correct weight'. I shunned the treadmill today; however did use the 'Cross Trainer', a low impact device which always looks a bit boring to me. Nevertheless, I did manage to get into it, keeping my cadence well above the required 65 rpm, and found my heart rate gradually rising over the 20 minutes to a maximum of 160 bpm.

Unfortunately, time was against me now, and I called it a day to shower and change before visiting Peter the PRB in hospital.

He was much better than only a few days before, and was bright eyed and doing a Suduko. He had even eaten a little at lunch, a great improvement on his poor appetite of the last week. We even made it downstairs to the not-so-exciting surroundings of 'Cafe Hoz' in the foyer for a coffee. While here we were joined by a fellow Saturday morning running group member, Beryl. I rued my current lack of form and inability to join them for the foreseeable future.

Returning to the ward as his Imed machine was on a constant 'ping', we found that his No. 1 son had also been up and had left ultrasound photos of his yet be born grandchild.

Excited by another excellent gym session, and a good day all round, I got stuck into further household chores, cleaning the fine dust from the fire which seems to coat everything; more vacuuming, and the omnipresent laundry that so bedevils my life at the moment.

The house looked (at least temporarily) clean and bright when Bob rocked up around 6:30 p.m.. We had a dinner meeting which began at 7:00 p.m., although Bob thought it unlikely that he would return in time. One of the most pleasant meetings was had by this little duck, with no time to do anything else than go to bed.

Tomorrow Bob shall return to Swim Squad, and I will go down to the gym at that time. I'll just need to be organised and have his dinner ready to zap in the microwave when we get home after 9:00 p.m..





0 Responses to “A Good Monday”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts