Ducks fly west


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



We are back from the coast to more amazing weather in Canberra for our return.  Predictably, I have no sense of time and as I sit having an 'interesting' (not bad, but not great either) coffee at the Buzz breakfast café in Fyshwick while the car is having it's inaugural service, I'm trying to get my head around the fact that it's Thursday.  

The maximum today is a predicted 20°, with 21° tomorrow.  I have still to find out how the PRB is doing - he should be home from hospital by now.  Nor have I marked Rad's 79th birthday with anything other than a phone call.

Bob will go to swim squad tonight, so I should also go to the gym at that time.  A Pilates class is calling me there at lunchtime though as well, so I may do that, perhaps with a swim (or more likely the steam room and spa) added in during the day, with more vigorous stuff
tonight.

I'm  looking forward  Customs tomorrow (now that I have a sense that it's Thursday), and must check out the feasibility of joining in the PRB & Tuggeranong Don's Saturday morning group.  The Vet's Half Marathon certainly confirmed that I need to do more long, slow stuff (it is hard to believe one can be that slow and still have the audacity to call it running)!  If I treat my shabby Customs efforts as 'Speedwork', then it can't be bad . . .


4 Responses to “Ducks fly west”

  1. Blogger speedygeoff 

    you could call your customs run "tempo runs" and therefore not feel guilty about them not being either speedy nor flat out... that's what i plan to do, now that i have figured out what a "tempo run" is.

  2. Blogger Unknown 

    Good to read that you're fighting back, Carolyne. Great weather for running...will you be in Sydney for Blackmore's weekend?

  3. Blogger Ewen 

    If you see Peter tomorrow Carolyne, give him my best wishes.

  4. Blogger TD 

    I saw PRB yesterday, Carolyne, at the Saturday group. It was just wonderful to see him and he was looking as good as can be expected given what he has been through over the last few weeks.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts