Canberra Confidential


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Another stunning Canberra Spring Day! The medication is still doing a fine job, so I was able to read both newspapers fully (The Canberra Times and the SMH), before heading down to the gym for the weekly "Stretch and Tone" class. I had a rather sore neck and shoulders, and a possibly related headache (perhaps because I did sleep like a rock and didn't move during the night?), and the stretching was soooo good.
A douche rapido (quick shower) before heading into Civic for an optometrists' appointment, and meeting up with Peter the PRB for a caffe dopio, water and window shopping. I think that the coffee and water helped, for my headache did disappear quickly thereafter.
After a bite of lunch, he and I headed out for a walk around the base of Mt Painter and then on to the summit. A lovely activity for a glorious spring day. I tested the SLR camera that we have had no use of since December, due to errors in downloading. I bought a cheap card reader to circumvent the frustrations of dealing with manufacturers and dealers which was circular and giving us no relief.
From the summit of Mt Painter, a few 'roos were enjoying the warm conditions. Note the ears hiding behind a rock, and the gangly hind leg sticking out at a skewed angle from a pouch!


Further down the trail closer to home, we spotted a lizard on the centre of the trail looking both proud and photogenic. He seemed initially unperturbed by us, but as we turned to go, the PRB noticed that he had flayed his beard in a dramatic fashion.





After reassuring a local in her backyard that it was not a snake, we headed back home.
I spent and hour and a half in the gym this evening while Bob swam, working up a good and proper sweat and feeling that all is good with the world. I hope that Aki's first parent/teacher evening (on the 'teacher' side of the table) has gone well this afternoon.


3 Responses to “Canberra Confidential”

  1. Blogger Aki 

    Thanks heaps, your good thoughts worked. Sounds like you had a great walk. :) I wish I could have been there and with the speedygeese tonight, but tonight wasn't bad. :)

  2. Blogger TD 

    That's such a lovely post, Carolyne. The photos are fantastic, and capture the atmosphere of our classic spring weather beautifully. The kangaroos even seem pleased with their profiles. Nice shot too of PRB. He is looking just so good considering what he has been through.

    I really enjoyed catching up with you again at the Canberra Times run.

  3. Blogger Ewen 

    Glad you're feeling better Carolyne. The view from Mt Painter should be seen by more people - very rural and different to the other hills in Canberra.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts