Catching Up!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I can't remember where I have been up to, but just thought that I should make do with a brief update anyway.
It has been a hectic patch, with the almost inevitable stumble and smoulder from possibly doing too much last Thursday in the gale force winds.
Despite my intent and preparations to go to the gym on Thursday night when Bob headed off to Swim Squad, I faded fast and was asleep by the time he got home. Small mouth ulcers and badly slashed lips had begun to appear (like the canary down the mine), a symbol of my immune system starting to rebel. A solid, if unrefreshing, night's sleep did not help, and I was unsure about whether capable or not of fronting up to Customs for my regular Friday fix.
The early optimism was cut short as the morning wore on, and I reluctantly returned to bed and a good lie down well before I was due to head off. This continued over the weekend, accompanied by vertigo and spinning, sinus headaches and nausea on movement. Same old. same old, but a nuisance nevertheless.
An attempted mountain bike bush bash on Saturday was hard going but very enjoyable, however attempting to push up a dry rocky hill with weak will and legs on 90 psi slicks and carrying heavy racks and a U-Bolt. I came down hard, and although I started to continue, after moving only a few inches I realised that it wasn't my day and backtracked to meet up with the new bike-path for a smoother ride home up the hill. I still found it hard.
To my surprise my elbow had taken a full whack and was very tender and painful, and came up in a dramatic purple swelling. I prepared food for Bob, but took it easy and retired to bed early and was asleep in no time. The nausea meant that even talking was difficult, so I hadn't talked to Aki for days!
Gradually things improved so that I think that now (Thursday 12 October) things are almost back to normal, however I am needing to prepare for my fortnight of Dog Sitting (hello "Polly") on the Northern Beaches from Next Week. Bob and I shall head up to visit our friends on Monday, having dinner together and being introduced as "friend" not "foe" to the apparently very boisterous 1 year old. Bob shall then head back to Canberra after they fly out so that he can spend a fortnight of concentrated quality training for the World's Long Course Tri in late November. He will be without our car, but will be doing a lot of long rides and runs, (and swim squads of course) around the countryside.
It will be good that I won't be around for the Brindabella Classic this year, however there is the Sydney Spring Cycle on Sunday 22 October instead. I will be taking up my shopping trolley bike (the Cannondale F600) so maybe a social ride will be in order instead?
Knowing what to take up with me for the two weeks or so (I come back around the 1st November I think) is tricky though. Lots of dog walking, just down the road to beach, some cycling around the National Park, some geocaching (preparations well underway!), and hopefully catching up with friends. Computer, camera, bike, running gear, 'decent' gear (very limited at the moment given my gargantuan size) music, music, music . . ..


0 Responses to “Catching Up!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts