A Good Weekend


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It has been a pleasant, if undemanding weekend.

I met Aki for a coffee and a much needed catchup while Bob was out on a long ride - a very hilly 140 odd-km up to Corin Dam - which was great, although I was a bit taken aback by her almost shaved head. I did manage to get out for a cruisey run in the bright new yellow trail shoes in the late afternoon however, which was great. I didn't follow any normal route, just explored (and bush bashed a little) around the local Aranda Black Mountain Bushland. The shoes were great, at any pace, although I did develop the slightest 'hard' blister on the side of my left foot. The big boxy square toe box and rubber toe caps seem to suit my fat feet well, and certainly protected me from all the rocks I kicked!

I was a bit (a bit!!!!) of a gadget girl though when I went out, with almost every electronic device known to man strapped somewhere on my body.

Bob had a long run scheduled for Sunday, and used the bike paths around Lake Burley Griffin to get his legs used to the hard surfaces of the bike paths that will be used on the World Champs in two weeks time. He was tired after the 34km, but after he scoffed breakfast we went out to our local Vietnamese for a bowl of Bun Bo Hue, endless cups of Chinese Tea and Water. Coffee afterwards at Tilley's at Lyneham had a great vibe ~ a true local, with friends catching up, some having coffee, many glasses of wine or beer and water for the dogs and bike parking. The music, as usual was great, and the food which came out looked pretty good too!

I made it out again that afternoon, and started walking and stopping initially, partly due to my recent ingestion of food, and largely due to my fiddling around with my e-waistband to get the music (Joss Stone) just right. Along with the camera, pedometre on the phone, GPS mapping, foot pods . . . . you get the idea.

It was 5:00pm when I left, and I was out for over 90 minutes exploring further afield in Black Mountain and delighted to come across so many people out walking or walking on the Daylight Saving Weekend Evening. Good Stuff!!


1 Responses to “A Good Weekend”

  1. Blogger Aki 

    Sounds like a great weekend, sorry my radically short hair surprised you!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts