What an exhausting weekend!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Very nice, mind you, but after the PRB took me out for a coffee at the Botanic Gardens after he had completed the 2nd 20k leg of the Canberra Two Day Walk, we then thought we would see what the Paul's Sports Warehouse at the Brand Depot was like having seen that they were having a sale.

I was going to say "Big Mistake", but that does not do it justice. This planning regulation side stepping monstrosity rose from the land beside the airport a year or two ago amid some controversy. Neither being a 'shopper', nor particularly a 'warehouse shopper' it has been easy to avoid this place until now. Having paid a visit, I now know to continue to do so in the future. Yuck.

We went in search of another late afternoon coffee, first to Deek's at Pearce (which was shut), then a bite to eat, Chifely (closed), and then the fag end of the day at Woden Plaza. Most places were shutting up, but we could grab a cup at Babar, but not until we snuck into the Dick Smith Powerhouse next door first to look at and fondle the HTC TyTN II Smart PDA / Phone / GPS thingy. It was heavier than it looks, although still a very compact unit. I hadn't been able to suss out from the web site where micro SD card went, and if it was easily hot swappable, so being able to caress and covert was good.

I was becoming increasingly tired, and couldn't stop yawning (coffee, looking at the shops so tiring!), and came home and collapsed into sleep without much tempting.

This morning I thought that I was well and truly ready for my planned 'take myself to coffee under my own steam' each day plan. I got up. I made breakfast. The ulcer, gut, whatever stuff then objected so stridently to breakie that I had to lie down. Before I knew it, I was just waking up and it was 3 in the afternoon. So much for the plan.

I've bathed and changed, and that is as far as I've got since then, I remain half dressed, bare footed and too tired to go out. It's all rather frustrating, this great fatigue, making it difficult to plan anything ahead of time. I have a dental check up on Wednesday, but I'm tempted to postpone it for the moment, I don't feel confident that I can get there in time and keep my mouth open.


1 Responses to “What an exhausting weekend!”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I'll express post you some energy FD. My kids seem to have an endless supply (yawn).

    Hope today is a better day ! :)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts