Heading in the right direction


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




What a difference a week makes - yep, it's a long time in politics and a seemingly even longer time post-op. Whereas the pain (the horror, the horror) was apparently intractable in the first few days and over the weekend, it still has its moments, however is aemeliorating somewhat.









After a test drive around the block on Tuesday to see how I could handle it, I was able to drive to Hansel and Gretal for coffee and the Library yesterday . . . driving is fine, good in fact, it's just the getting in and out of the car, and then moving around once I'm at the destination that's a little tricky.







Today I had a few more things on my dance card: my haircut which was postponed from last Wednesday (I was still in hospital) was squeezed in today - very fortunate, as one has to make appointments literally three months in advance with Angelo. I have something of a pageboy cut this time which reminds me of when I had my first head shawn from long to short when I was 5 in Mrs Dykman's kindergarten class at French's Frorest Infants. Unfortunately, I am rather more chubby now, and itching to change.







Straight from the hairdressers to my checkup with the surgeon ~ or as straight as I could hop along back to the car in Civic and from the car park to his rooms with crutches, a big warm coat and a backpack to carry things around. This time I was prepared from the long wait, although it was funny to arrive into a waiting room full of people with crutches and leg braces. It only struck me as the first pair of patients (he always has two lots on the go in seperate rooms) turnaround in the waiting room and the next two patients arrived, that I was the only patient without an attendant driver / carer.







My visit was certainly quick and straight forward. I hobbled out grinning with the thought that I was already way ahead of schedule in my post-op progress and doing very well. Unfortunately, apart from a few comments along the lines that I would know when I could do things (Hello! I am not the most sensible duck on the block), I was not much wiser about what to expect.








I have an appointment with the physio tomorrow which will give me a chance to suss out more fully what I can do, can't do and when. Until then, I'll keep my leg up and iced.













0 Responses to “Heading in the right direction”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts