Yum!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Christmas Hills Raspberry Farm
8:00am, Thursday 15 February

I was in a 'business class' seat overnight from Melbourne to Tassie, and slept surprisingly well (until I woke up in the early hours). Having had no time to spare on reaching the ferry on leaving Canberra at the far-too-late time of 11:00am after collecting some medical supplies in Civic, there wasn't much time to spare.

I remember a rushed trip to the Raspberry Farm complex after a Devonport Triathlon many years ago. Knowing that it was opened for breakfast, I headed here directly after refilling my very empty fuel tank (needing 61 litres for a maximum capacity of 65).

More touristy than I'd recalled on my rushed visit last time, it nevertheless provided a pleasant spot for an early morning break. This was noisily interupted by the arrival of a small, elderly tour group. I'm onto my third bottle of iced water, have finished a serve of expensive, but good muesli & raspberry yoghurt (with fresh raspberries) ($9.00), but am blown away by the excellence of the coffee! Mugs are a reasonable size and the espresso has a good full flavoured body, with no bitterness or strong aftertaste. Although severely tempted, I avoided ordering a second so that I could enjoy another café with Bob this afternoon.

I'm collecting him from Launceston airport at 1:30pm, so I have the morning to myself!


4 Responses to “Yum!”

  1. Blogger Ewen 

    I remember that Raspberry Farm - they made beautiful devonshire teas!

    All the best to Bob for a good race. Hope the weather is favourable. I'll look out for him on TV!

  2. Blogger Aki 

    That's where ZB had her wedding reception and it snowed.

  3. Blogger Gronk 

    What ? No picking raspberries and scoffing them by the punnet ?

    What beans were they grinding ?

  4. Blogger Friar 

    Did you both survive the heat.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts