What a Week!!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



And Where Do I Begin???

The wonderful luckylegs made the excursion down the freeway to Canberra from the Southern Highlands, barely missing out on a day of snow and freak weather conditions.

Sneaking in a visit to her motel "on spec" while Bob grabbed a little afternoon shut-eye, we had a ball of a time catching up, and I managed to get home just in time to change into running gear and get dropped off at the AIS track to cheer her along in the 1,500m track meet. What a Star!! Not only did she break the established W75 ACT record, she smashed it by soemthing like 45 seconds.

On Friday, LuckyLegs came along to the Customs Joggers 5k run, on a slightly abridged, but nevertheless, accurate course. She established her own PB for the distance in a not too shabby 31 minutes, almost getting lost in the process. Go girl! Friends from Carins, down to compete in the weeksends Long Distance Triathlon also came along to compete. I was over 28 minutes, but was happy with my run. Coffee at the great views, terible service "The Deck" restaurant afterwards with Bob and Peter the PRB made it all good fun.


4 Responses to “What a Week!!”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Yes what a wonderful lady our LL is. It must have been wonderful to be there to cheer her on.

    Sorry was the coffee good at "the deck" ? Keep the food and coffee reviews coming. I do read them all you know. :)

  2. Blogger Ewen 

    It was a good week FD. Thanks for being there.

    How good was Bob?! Bloody fantastic!

    Enjoy your holiday :)

  3. Blogger Unknown 

    I had a wonderful 2 days...I think I'll make it 3 days next week. Wish you were going to be at the AIS track again!

  4. Blogger Unknown 

    Gronk, the coffee at "the deck" was OK, but the food...the little there was of it... was the worst I've seen in a long while. The only thing worse than the absence of food was the absence of 'service'! I couldn't believe that such a superb setting, one of the world's best, could have such a "couldn't care less" attitude to patrons. But go there for the view, not the food!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts