Monday, Monday


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Those old sinus feelings strike me down again.
Sounds like the lyrics to a torch song ~ but alas, it is just a feature of this time of year. Last year I was on antibiotics from October through to March - with no swimming in the meantime. I finally got around to making an appointment with my GP last Tuesday, as spraying saline and steroids up my nose and taking sudafed wasn't helping me much as all. This weekend Bob was away at the Crocs Olympic Distance Triathlon at Nowra (he easily won his age group in 2:24), and I spent the days sleeping, struggling out of bed and cleaning up a little, sleeping, washing my bike from the mud from Tuesday's deluge, and then sleeping some more.
I was no better today, and finally got my non urgent appointment this evening. I filled in the long suffering Dr John in on my forthcoming procedure and how everything else is going. His gentle prodding of my face has resulted in great lingering pain throughout the evening. More discussion of my symptoms has me with a referral for yet more blood work and more antibiotics.
Most importantly, he was quite positive about the planned procedure and the hope that it may assist me in leading a more normal, more social lifestyle . . . and diet. So, that's all good, but right now, my face just hurts.


5 Responses to “Monday, Monday”

  1. Blogger Friar 

    And I thought three courses of antibiotics recently was excessive.

    Can't imagine what you are going through, but you are truly amazing in perseverance.

  2. Blogger speedygeoff 

    Are crocs compatible with ducks? Apparently so, it will be 14 years next month, hey?

  3. Blogger speedygeoff 

    "Monday morning: Hesitate, I can't get out of bed
    "I'd rather go back to the dreams I'm living in my head
    "Tuesday evening: Pack my bags, I'm heading out the door
    "I left a box of memories lying on the floor

    "Ride on, ride till early morning sun
    "Ride on, like the dawning of the day
    "It's too late, to let all your feelings show
    "Go on, til the night is swept away

    "I'm running from the city lights
    "I'm running from this empty life
    "I'm running out of time tonight
    "I'm screaming out for "Help! Help!"

    "Slow down, your moving too fast
    "Go home, you'll feel better for it
    "Oh boy, you better stop dreaming
    "It's all in your head!"
    - Evermore

  4. Blogger Aki 

    everything comes back to evermore these days doesn't it? Either that or Nollsy. You would have loved it the other day when I accompanied my visually challenged student with the song 'Lonely'. I've only heard it 5 times before on the radio and didn't have the music, so I didn't go too bad...

    I was hoping she'd choose Lift though.

  5. Blogger Ewen 

    Looking forward to the 19 November post. Flash Drake was good!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts