Tour of Taiwan Update: 3 Stages, 3 Wins


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Pity that that gene pool doesn't work backwards and through partners (I have no hope!).
Well done Rob!

Health wise, the wheels are continuing to fall off, bit by bit, (I don't know how many wheels/axles I started with!), which reinforces why I was so happy when I injured my ankle last May (albeit through a hanging-out-the-washing, rather than running injury). It was lovely to be injured rather than crook.

Lots of continued planning and preparation for the trip, not the least preparing our wonderful, but far too small and overcrowded house for nephew Paul to come and 'holiday' here, looking after Lucy the wonder cat (20 years 8 months and counting).

I will head out to the BBQ Stakes today and WALK (ineligible for points, but a walk will do me good), and will get me out of the house.

The planning for the trip is tricky only so much as for the limitation on what we are taking. It has been many years since I have travelled so light. We are taking only day packs with us, with no checked in luggage for the 6 weeks. A vast change from the weekend away in the car where one has two (or often 3) pairs of running shoes, cycling shoes, casual sandals, other sandals, and the whole catastrophe to go with it.

I necessarily have a raft of medications (sounds like a a line from "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest"), which are non-negotiable and need to be in their original packaging etc.

Add to that the essential toiletries of things that will not be in little bottles in the guest houses and hotels we are staying, contact lenses and solution, anti-malarial, yadayadayada and that takes up a surprising amount of space and weight.

So, limiting the clothes and 'accessories' is necessary. Wildthing pointed me in the direction of Keen Sandals, rather big, clunky and closed in, but wonderfully comfortable and a great shoe alternative. A couple of pairs of shorts, a couple of t-shirts (coolmax or dri fit where possible), minimal underwear, ideally which dries quickly or will double for swimming or outerwear.
The garmin and recharger (no downloads until home) will be great, as will the mobile phone as a torch, compass, aide de memorie, emergency camera, and local SIM card recipiant.


1 Responses to “Tour of Taiwan Update: 3 Stages, 3 Wins”

  1. Blogger Spark Driver 

    Sounds like you have it all worked out. It will be strange to travel so light. What an adventure!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts