I'm feeling quite smug.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I have been more compliant with my exercises for the rehabilitation than I have with any other physio regime. On Monday I had another follow-up visit, this time with Shane, the not-so-tall basketballer within the physio practice. He was excellent at treatment, and and gave my calf a fantastic - if painful - massage to ease the huge knot of pain that had grown.







Shane had also undergone the same operation, and was V.E.R.Y. impressed with how I had progressed in the three weeks since the operation. I have excellent extension (straightening) of my leg already, and can bend it well. It isn't so stiff and painful in the morning most days, and I can walk well, as long as it's slow and over short distances. As soon as I pick up the speed or the distance, my gait fails and I limp badly. Thus, no going for walks (yet), or trading in the vegie(but strangely nice) rent-an-exercise-bike for a real one, on or off the wind-trainer.


5 Responses to “I'm feeling quite smug.”

  1. Blogger strewth 

    Shane's report sounds very positive and so does your improvement. Well done on sticking to the exercise regime. You'll be back in no time at all. Good luck with your progress!

  2. Blogger speedygeoff 

    Take care dear, "one step at a time".

  3. Blogger Ewen 

    Your gait sounds just like Spodychoff's ;)

    Customs will be there; whichever week you're back running.

  4. Blogger allrounder 

    that is good news...

    and thanks for trying out pod espresso and for sending a couple of customers Tim's way!

  5. Blogger Unknown 

    Sounding better, Carolyne! Lots of 'catching up' to do when we have our next coffee! Keep on improving & it won't be long at all.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts