Don't do too much too soon, Ducky


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I seem to be constantly busy, yet find it hard to point to anything at the end of the day I have done other than my rehabilitation exercises and perhaps a single, social cup of coffee.









On Wednesday, I was perhaps a little too enthusiastic in my exercises, and thought the following day as my knee became terribly swollen and hot to touch that this was the cause. However, late in the day as I lay back in the dentists chair for my regular, clean and check-up that I remembered that I was doing a bit of much needed spring cleaning on Wednesday which included in jumping up and down on stools and ladders. This was definitely not a good idea, especially as I would forget about my knee and landed rather heavily on it as I jumped down to answer the phone when Aki rang. Silly duck.







Thursday was something of a write off then, knee-wise. Mostly because I spent the time cursing myself as every little twinge, which was far too regular.








I did some considerable research on Thursday about the Blue Ridge Parkway and the options for hiking the Appalachian trail (knee permitting), going to music venues and the like. I had been planning to attend the valedictory speech of Carmen Lawrence in the house, however it was brought forward an hour and I missed it.





Bob had an appointment that morning with a neurologist to diagnose the problem with his right hand that had been affecting his writing and fine motor skills. A very thorough appointment led to a probable diagnosis of writers cramp, which was not an overuse injury as I would have thought, but a neurological condition. To rule out any further complications such as Wilson's disease, he is having some blood work and a MRI ($600+). He is now strangely relieved at having an answer and is comfortable with having a response.





Friday was similarly uninspiring, although the knee was considerably better, I postponed my physio appointment I wasn't feeling too well and it was still far too sore! I ended up holding the watch at Customs, a rather thankless task at the time, as the wind whipped up, and icy rain blue across grey skies. Needless to say, with a gale force headwind, nobody ran particularly well.







3 Responses to “Don't do too much too soon, Ducky”

  1. Blogger Aki 

    You have to really watch the rain that blue. Huh, and you tell me my English is bad. Sorry about the knee. I'm sick, so not running.

  2. Blogger Ewen 

    Writers cramp! Oh well, better than swimmer's elbow or biker's rash.

    Carolyne, do you know how to get a computer working if you've forgotten your logon password? LLs has this problem with her computer.

  3. Blogger Unknown 

    Don't worry about my computer, Carolyne! It's back in business after my having accomplished what very few other computer users have been able to do....lock down my account & the computer completely!!

    Very good local experts got into it & had it fixed within a few hours. They were astounded at my brilliant experiment!

    Good to hear that you're getting more 'up & about'. Stay well!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts