E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Aaah, my life in Hanoi!

OK, so my poor language skills mean that I can only count to six, (although I have ordering "2 iced black coffees" = "hai ca phe den da" - down pat ). It is wonderful living in this block, with all the ladies, young and old around to say hello (and marvel at the size of my backside).

While we seem to be running through cash at the moment, having bought a number of things for the flat, such as vases, flowers, rental of a motor scooter, a helmet for me (surprising photo of helmet will follow shortly), and so on.

We are also getting known around the 'hood. There have been quite a few changes in the last two years since we were here. Inflation has been running at close to 25% annually, which must be affecting a lot of people here drastically when coupled with the global food insecurity and rise in the price of rice.

In the main roundabout near Hoan Kiem Lake, where there used to be a prominent coffee house, is now gulp) a "Ran Ga Kentucky" - yep, a big KFC. There were none of these apparent when I was here last, but now the red and white KFC signs are all over.



0 Responses to “”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts