Clash Duck - London Calling


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



A pun only those of my vintage may understand! (Yes, that means you Aki and the PRB).


Bob and are have arrived in Heathrow, and had a fantastic view of the city as we came in. Unfortunately, strong headwinds the whole way from Australia meant that are arrival was delayed, so we missed our connecting flight to Vienna this morning. The planned 40 hour journey has been strung out, although a quick phone call to the LOC (local organising committee) in Gyor, Hungary meant that we have arranged for them to wait for us at Vienna airport for our new flight to arrive at around 1:30 pm, instead of the planned 10:30 am.
Otherwise, things have been fairly uneventful, with a crammed British Airways flight over via Bangkok, and the new security arrangements not causing too many hassles.


One thing that could have been mentioned on board, was that there was a strict limit of one bag per person on departures from Heathrow.

While we sprinted from our late flight to our connecting flight in the same terminal, we, along with a planeload of others were advised that luggage needed to be consolidated or checked in. I didn't have much - a handbag and small backpack, which, could (at a squeeze) be consolidated. However, there were dozens of passengers screaming blue murder at the time and queues stretching on forever. A simple announcement on board would have made a lot of sense.

First off, my apologies to all those I didn't have a chance to contact before we left. Mother, Happy Mother's Day for Sunday; Aki, I hope that the School Camp went well and everything is hunky dory; Wombatface, Happy Birthday for the 26th and well done down in Albury; Tuggeranong Don, I'm thrilled with your Boston time and will forward on the motion based data as soon as I can. And dear, dear Lucky Legs - have a great time and don't do too much over training. I look forward to catching up on our return.


And what can I say about the PRB - he has done so much for Bob, Rudi and I over the last year that thanks and words can never be enough.


I was thrilled with my nail can hill run in Albury last Sunday, although the time wasn't 'flash' time, it is a wonderful run and I adore the hills and trails at whatever speed. There is something about trail running that gets under the skin and into the spirit that surpasses everything else. Mister G's tagline seems to come to mind here. Although only a tad over 11k, it reinvigorated my joy of running and plans to do similar events over the next 12 months - Googong Dam 1/2 (30 June); Shoalhaven King of the Mountain (15 July); The Bush Capital Runs (29 July); Mt Wilson to Bilpin (August) . . . . . ahhh.


For now, I just need to survive as far as Hungary and get my running shoes on and fat bod around the Danube or whatever parks I find. If I can lose some weight in the land of goulash is a different matter - I realised as I was coming into the last 2 kms of the Nail Can Hill run that my oh-so-slow time (74 minutes odd) compared to last time (2005 - 57 minutes) roughly equates to a minute a kilogram. I figured that I ran what I weigh . . . . so knocking my times down should be easy, huh?


Hah! I'm sure that some of my magic medication is causing weight gain, or at the very least difficulty in weight loss. Secretly, I was quite disappointed that Gronk man couldn't make it down to Nail Can this year, and similtaneously pleased that he didn't get faced with me in my 'fat suit'.


Better go and board this plane to Vienna. (Ahh, kaffee . . .). The Customs 1500th run will have been run and celebrated, and we have spent a mere 36 hours travelling thus far. How long until we make it to the hotel room? Maybe another six hours if we are lucky with luggage and Customs. Maybe longer!


Ciao for now. Until the land of the Maygar.


P.S. Now I can't get the riff of London Calling out of my head and it will probably haunt me for the next month!


0 Responses to “Clash Duck - London Calling”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts