Tasman Peninsula


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania

Bob and I managed to get going very late in the morning, after Bob spent a very frustrating, but ultimately successful prolonged period on the phone in getting the car fixed. It turned out that it was only a flat battery, however we eventually managed to get it sorted out.

We called in to “Drfters” Internet Café, just off Salamanca Place as our next port of call. Bob was unable to connect his computer through WiFi, however he was able to use a terminal and get his order in for the compulsory uniform items for the Duathlon World Championships in Györ, Hungry in May this year.

We were then on our way, stopping at the Woolies at Sorrell to buy some food, and were soon on the Tasman Peninsula en route to Port Arthur.

Bob fell asleep in the car, (I was driving at the time), and after brief greetings, he was off to bed for a much needed nap. I changed into my much neglected running gear, and gadgeted up to the max, was off for an hours run along the well graded dirt road with no traffic. It wound it’s way around the nooks and cranny’s of the bay staying just adjacent to the water. I made it to the end of Conical Point, where an assortment of old machinery littered the track near the rusting jetty out to the water.

There were three vehicles, one young bloke and his dog . . . who seemed most excited to see me (the dog that is), as sweating heavily in the unfamiliar humidity, I turned around at 30 minutes and 30 seconds having run just a tad over 5km.

Although I was tempted to take an alternate turn to the right at the nearby junction to extend my run by a kilometre or two, I had both said that I would be an hour, and was already very thirsty. With no chance of a drink before I got back, I knew that I had to continue. The road was essentially flat, although undulated up and down with short gradients. Thinking about that drink I didn’t slow, and began to hit my stride just towards the end. A small negative split was satisfying, as was the 10kms + that I covered in the hour.


0 Responses to “Tasman Peninsula”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts