E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I have been trying to convince myself that I am "OK", but there is a general decline in my health that I have been reluctant to admit, hoping that it would just go away.


I probably just have a case of the 'flu or something today - general muscle aches and pains, headache, sore glands and throat. There are other things though which are more concerning, hurt quite a lot, and makes me extrememly tired.

I got out to do the Marathon Eve Eve 10k on Saturday, going really hard, and still not managing to crack 57 mintures (56:59.7 by my watch, but 57:01 on the official results). I was stuffed.

Some diagnostic tests on Monday merely exacerbated the pain level (?renal), and I cycled, slowly down to the Lake Tuggeranong Stakes (6k) on Tuesday, however was only able to run for little more than a kilometre before admitting that I had to stop and walk back. Cycling was pretty good though!


6 Responses to “”

  1. Blogger Friar 

    Hope you're right by next Tuesday for the Lake Ginninderra Handicap.

    That won't be so far to cycle to.

  2. Blogger Ewen 

    I thought your race was pretty good considering your recent handicap run times. Despite what Bob ran, it's not a quick course!

  3. Blogger Aki 

    I was ecstatic you were under an hour. It wasn't that long ago when you were over it. And you were close. Very close. That's worth something! Go Ducky, I hope you feel better soon...

  4. Blogger Unknown 

    57 minutes is a great result, FD! You were very brave to even attempt a race when you haven't been well. I do hope you feel better very soon.

  5. Blogger Sarah 

    Sorry to hear you're not feeling well :( I hope it all get sorted out soon!

  6. Blogger strewth 

    Hey FD, we are missing you. Do hope you're much better by now and we catch up again soon. I thought your 10km run was awesome and really enjoyed cheering you in to the finish line looking strong!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts