Errant Duck


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I have logged into blog umpteen times over the last month, and never succeeded to get cyber pen to virtual paper.

The Gordon River and Cradle Mountain in Tasmania were spectacular, and I don't know what has really happened since then.

"Little Boy" Rudi revelled under the PRB's care, finally being able to suss out how to enter and exit the house on his own through the hidden cellar door.

I have returned to running, sort of. It started to go OK, and then !phlat! ~ a bit of a backward step. Nevertheless I managed to do the Sri Chinmoy 10k on Sunday after an ignominious should-have-DNF'd on Friday at Customs. I got around the 5km, but only by walking and having the PRB alongside me, where I felt too embarrassed to cut the course short and cross the road early.

An early trip to bed after getting home, and sleep for much of Friday afternoon and Saturday meant that I was able to lob up to my pre-entered Sri Chinmoy event on Sunday, not knowing whether I would get through the 10k. Despite a pretty rough time over the first few k's (the shivering and chattering teeth returned - a shock-like reaction I suffered from last year whenever I started to run no matter how hot the temperature) I settled into it, and managed to finish far more strongly than I began.

Although rather embarrassed my the tortoise like time of nearly an hour, I was 10 minutes faster than the last time I ran the event (in October?).

Small steps to begin with. It's good to be running.


4 Responses to “Errant Duck”

  1. Blogger Gronk 

    *cheer*. And its good to have you back running. :)

  2. Blogger Friar 

    You've shown remarkable resilience over the last week or so.

    Well done.

  3. Blogger Ewen 

    Good on you for getting out there FD. You should have used your elbows to keep Aki behind!

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    She would have if she could run out at a 16 second 100 meter sprint like I did. A stronger start would enable her to bash me out of the way. But she won't need her elbows in a bit, I don't think. Go Ducky!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts