Wouldn't you know it


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The PRB and I had a casual stroll down to Lake G on Saturday afternoon for a coffee, which was very enjoyable in stunning Canberra autumn weather. I was worn out on our return however, and chucked him out and lay down and fell into a deep sleep for my (now regular) afternoon lap.

When I woke up, I found that I had missed an entirely unexpected phone call from Bob from nearly five and a half thousand metres. Damn!

It did sound good though, and said everything was going well. He will try to call me from Namche or Kathmandu. From what he said, it sounds as though they are able to stick to the itinerary as it has been planned to date. He visited Everest Base Camp yesterday.

On that issue, the plan for Sunday is:

Day 15: Dzongla (4850m)

(Trekking: approx 4 hours)
After the tiring day to Kala Patar we take the opportunity to enjoy a lazy start. The walk to Dzongla is less than four hours and a morning spent rehydrating and relaxing before taking an early lunch. After lunch we follow the main Everest trail back down the valley before bearing right to contour round the hillside above Tshola Tso Lake and then descending to the valley floor and the small huts at Dzongla. Upon arrival we make camp and prepare for the crossing of the snowfields that lead to the top of the Cho La Pass.
Aah, snow. I'm sure the scenery is stunning, but I can live without the cold and the ice!



0 Responses to “Wouldn't you know it”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts