Sinusitis


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I have suffered from significant sinus pain for longer than I care to remember, and the last time I went to the surgeon he advised that so much bone was removed during the previous procedures (2? 3? I can't remember) that there not much else that can be done surgically.

It has probably been the cause, (or at least the exacerbation), of my malaise since Christmas, and despite the current courses (plural) of antibiotics, upon returning to the coldish house on Sunday after having the most glorious lunch with the most wonderful company of Rad at Lambert Vineyard in Womboin.

From then on, the pain in my face developed with a relentless intensity, worsening overnight and limiting my activities entirely throughout Monday and Tuesday. I forced myself to go down to the local shops and early this morning where I spent an hour and a half over a caffe doppio attempting to become somewhere near human, before hitting the pharmacy for the repeats of my antibiotic prescription and some pain relief and advice from the friendly Chemist, Luke.

I have another appointment with Dr John on Monday for a CT scan, but I am not very optimistic at having a successful outcome. I'm already irrigating with saline as often as I can (difficult when I'm at my worst), a steroid nasal spray, heated wheat packs for symptomatic relief, eucalyptus inhalation and pain killers. There are small, temporary improvements (which permits me to blog for example), but it is pretty bad.

On a lighter note, Bob rang me from the top of 'a mountain' yesterday, because he could! In the middle of essentially nowhere, He noticed that he had good coverage, as with the time zone permitting an easy call he rang to say Hi. Having a Great Time. (Wish you were here).



0 Responses to “Sinusitis”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts