Intolerant Duck


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Well may you call me strange (go on, admit it, I know that you do), but I keep having the uncanny feeling that I am in Bondi Junction as the Hungarian matriarchs parade around the streets in their tailored suits, pointy toes and high heeled shoes, and big, big coiffured hair.

Many also have that essential fashion accessory with them, the small white fluffy dog.
In Gyor, there are a few things one doesn't need to be more than a hundred metres from - a solarium and a denist.
If one feels the need for an emergency sun tan or some bridge work, do not fear! A Dentist laboratory in the hotel, as well as at regular intervals down eac side street and alley. Apparently dental tourism from Austria is pretty big here.
The solarium is a little harder to fathom, especially when they advertise themselves as "London Sun"."
Now that the town has become Duathlon Central, I find that I am very intolerant of others, because of their intolerance of the local customs. The ironry of this doesn't escape me. Some of the young Australian guys are great - Aki, you must get into Triathlons, and on that bike! - but many of the elder partners and Canadians (who share our hotel) indicate not just an ignorance (my god, there are different power plugs, they don't accept US dollars, not everyone speaks English, even if you repeat the same words loudly and yell!), but an intolerance of those who are different to themselves or what they are used to.
I


0 Responses to “Intolerant Duck”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts